08 October 2010

WAM RADIO UPDATE - WELL, SORT OF

Thursday 7th October


Back up in WAM again.  Despite the lovely weather of the past few days, it was a very cloudy Waikato morning and I opted for a local flight and a few circuits instead of an expensive coffee somewhere.  It was also a chance to check out the radios again.  I asked if there was anything found to explain the problem last week but no-one around at the time I arrived and departed from the club could tell me anything significant.
So, I took WAM out over to the Arapuni hydro dam, back up along Lake Karapiro and "home" for a few circuits.  Well, guess what?; everything pretty much behaved itself.  The radios were fine, the only interference being from another airborne station when it was transmitting.  Transponder OK, GPS working normally and the autopilot also behaved itself.  The only glitch was one of my landings - a bit of a bounce but that is down to me, not the plane {and there was a bit of a variable crosswind :) }.
So, WAM seemed to be OK and I am still left wondering what the problem was last week....

P.S.: Thanks for the comments on the last post, guys

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was most probably a temporary overload of the #2 port side Thronomister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!

    Actually, I have just found out from our CFI it was a problem with the pilot's push to talk switch - fixed in a few minutes by our friends the engineers!!

    ReplyDelete