26 October 2011

RED CHECKERS AT HAMILTON

Tuesday 25th October

I took Archer III, WIT for a local flight today (was supposed to be C-172, WAM but that is still in maintanence).  No problem though, as I am current on the Archer and it was a chance to "play" with the GPS, EFIS and fancy autopilot in WIT.  After putting in an hour's worth over to Raglan, up the coast a wee way and home via Huntly a couple of RNZAF CT4s at Hamilton turned up just after I landed, one going over to Aeromotive and the other parking by the fuel pumps.  I got a few photos before I had to disappear to meet a builder at home (new garage).

Red Checker CT4, "89" at the pumps

It was cloudy and hazy at Raglan but much nicer a little way North

Huntly Power Station and the mighty Waikato River behind

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've seen this plane before (the black and yellow CT4). It is used by the NZ Air Training Corps, right?
    One of my friends flew her as Air Cadet a few years ago. Is it aerobatic rated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen your comment, Mark. Yes, CT4s are used for training by the RNZAF and, as they use them for aerobatic display I reckon it should be aerobatic rated!! :)

    ReplyDelete