20 September 2010

WEATHER!!!!!

Those of you in NZ will not be surprised that I have not been flying this past week.  High winds, plenty of rain and snow (down South and on the mountains) have grounded most of us PPLs for much of the past week - and not improving for a few days yet.
So, having caught up with the blogs I follow, I thought I would do a bit of template redesign on mine.  I think it looks better - what do you readers/followers think?  Comments please.
Fingers crossed for the weather this Thursday too (but I'm not getting my hopes up!!)

2 comments:

  1. I think you should stretch the photo for the background rather than tiling it (if that option is available to you). It looks kind of jumbled when viewed in widescreen (1680 X 1050).

    But back on topic, it has certainly been the "on the ground wishing you were in the air" rather than vice versa the past few weeks. We were supposed to fly to Ardmore on Sunday to watch the Warbirds but the weather was way below my minimums so I canceled. To their credit they performed, but it must have been really hard work maintaining formation in that wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Euan - I will work on that. It was just a quick shuffle through the templates and playing around while watching TV. Also, I didn't have a lot to write. Maybe a different photo (I have 100s to choose from). Not sure whether stretching was an option. I'll give it another go soon.
    I've got DQV booked this Thursday morning but looking at the lows and troughs for the next 48 hours I am not too confident about getting up. Can't even get out into the garden!!!

    ReplyDelete