10 January 2010

2009 IN RETROSPECT

So, in keeping with several other aviation posters, I will do a quick resume of my goals and achievements for 2009:
GOALS;
            1)  Achieve 50 hours flying for the year
            2)  Pass 250 hours total time
            3)  Learn some aerobatics
            4)  Do an Archer rating (having seen and drooled over WIT)
            5)  Finish off my night rating
            6)  Pass the medical and BFR

SO, HOW DID I DO?
           1)  52.3 total hours for the year
           2)  263.1 total time at 31/12/09
           3)  NOT achieved.  I had the briefing on spinning but after four abortive bookings due to weather I decided to concentrate on the Archer rating
           4)  Achieved - as well as a rating on the Arrow
           5)  Achieved - thanks to Loreen and Marie in particular
           6)  Medical (May) and BFR (November) passed OK

A pretty good year all in all.  I think I am becoming a better airman but there is always room for improvement.

GOALS FOR 2010:
I haven't thought too much about this but, off the top of my head:
          1)  50 hours for the year again (like, about an hour a week average)
          2)  More cross country flying and a bit further afield
          3)  Night rating on the Archer
          4)  Have a trial flight in the Twin Commanche - the only club aircraft I haven't flown yet

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL - SAFE LANDINGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment